Did you hear? After the Supreme Court upheld the provisions of Obamacare's state programs, Justice Scalia's outraged. Wants to change the name of OBAMAcare to SCOTUScare. No doubt he doens't want Obama to get credit for the best health reimbursement system since Medicare.
IF Tea Party Congressmen and progressives REALLY represent the PEOPLE and not the corporations, they'll press for the AFFORDABLE part of the "A.C.A." Obamacare's working just fine as far as it goes. Here's what we need NEXT:
1. A MEDICARE FOR ALL option, to SKIP having private insurers and deals cut with EMPLOYERS. Health care is LIFELONG, no matter where you work. All citizens should pay into it through payroll deductions based on wages from their FIRST JOB (don't game the system til ya get pregnant!); get employers OUT of it except to withhold the money, like for Medicare and SS. Make em pay you in SALARY to buy your OWN health care, Medicare or a private plan by the month. Without insurance company lobbyists, sales forces, advertising, profits and duplication, THEIR CUT of your PREMIUMS won't be 18 percent as it is now. It'll be MUCH less--like MEDICARE's clerical services, less than 5 percent!
2. What we don't have is the AFFORDABLE part... when DOCTORS and HOSPITAL PROVIDERS gouge us and bribed Congressmen let them get away with it.
Now if Republicans are smart, they'll ignore the lobbyists and strip the drug companies of their outrageous monopoly over Americans by letting us buy drugs overseas--same drugs, just way cheaper.
3. Demand doctors and hospitals post their charges on the internet so we can COST compare like we do everything else we buy. And be honest with insurance company negotiated discounts. We should ALL get that 'group' price rate, don't ya think?
4. Take state dental professional associations to court to end price fixing, like for thousand dollar crowns as the 'going rate', shunning dentists who want to lower their costs to the public.
5. Require labs and test facilities, including xrays, cat scans, etc to post prices...and where discounted, rebate the savings to the PATIENTS in their co-pays, not to insurance company profits. We'll spend those saved dollars right back into our nearby retail/small businesses!
OUR ECONOMY will spread the savings we reap to all the REST of our countries' businesses and workers--not just health care that delivers less health for higher cost than anywhere in the developed world. And no more bankruptcies for uninsured Americans who get suddenly, really sick!
Ya know, there's a reason why health care people wear MASKS!