12 year old escapes a bear rummaging around in the family kitchen in California. How did the girl get away?...by CLAPPING. Who knew? Thats how you startle a bear so it will wander off. Ya hope. The home alone kid got upstairs to her room and called her dad, who called the sheriff. The bear broke a lot of stuff but animal control people coaxed it out of a nearby tree.
Despite the tough economic times, violent crime continues to fall. New statistics released by the Justice Department show that violent crime fell 13 percent in 2010. Crime has been falling for several years, but this last drop is about three times as great as the annual declines for the last nine years.
The Justice Department survey, which is done by telephone, does not include murder. It does include rape, robbery, aggravated assault and simple assault. Almost two-thirds of the violent crimes counted by the survey were simple assaults in which the victim was not injured.
SO if crime is down, how come local news keeps leading with it? Could it be that they still follow the consultants' rule, "If it bleeds, it leads?"
IS Obama tough enough to battle the Evil Empire between now and 2012?
Darla has no clue about Obama. If he's not anything, he's not a phony. If he's anything, he's naive for his honesty. Too naive. People voted for the guy to get some fresh air...to get rid of the phoniness. But they expected that he wouldn't be so NAIVE because he's also so POLISHED. He's fighting th Evil Empire and it takes more than a young Luke to defeat them.
IT's a fair statement... with GWB in office for eight years, we forgot how treacherous the GOP can be. Obama was clearly caught unawares and so he made a lot of promises, underestimating the GOP.
Sadly, he's not come through with the promises that got him elected. Why? Because the phonies of the right are more effective than he is. More shrewd. They'll say anything. They'll brazenly accuse him of the very tactics they do without batting an eye. To stop the right, he either has to grow up really fast -- or step aside.
Hillary's lookin better all the time because she won't put up with this GOP Bullsh|t! She learned about them a long time ago.
He took two years, two valuable years when he had a mandate. Now he doesn't. Now it will take nukes to get them unseated because they're so shrewd and have so hoodwinked American's mental midgets into thinking they're what America needs.
Perry is the personification of the stupidity of America. He's a cartoon. A dangerous one. That's why he might get elected in 2012. I'm starting to wonder if Obama's enough of a Jedi Knight to take these rats out!
100 years ago:
THE YEAR IS 1911
Here are some statistics for the Year 1911:
- The average life expectancy for men was 47 years.
- Fuel for this car was sold in drug stores only.
- Only 14 percent of the homes had a bathtub.
- Only 8 percent of the homes had a telephone.
- There were only 8,000 cars and only 144 miles of paved roads. The maximum speed limit in most cities was 10 mph.
- The tallest structure in the world was the Eiffel Tower !
- The average US wage in 1910 was 22 cents per hour.
- The average US worker made between $200 and $400 per year. A competent accountant could expect to earn $2000 per year.
- A dentist $2,500 per year, a veterinarian between $1,500 and $4,000 per year, and a mechanical engineer about $5,000 per year.
- More than 95 percent of all births took place at home .
- Ninety percent of all Doctors had NO COLLEGE EDUCATION! Instead, they attended so-called medical schools, many of which
- were condemned in the press AND the government as "substandard."
- Sugar cost four cents a pound.
- Eggs were fourteen cents a dozen.
- Coffee was fifteen cents a pound.
- Most women only washed their hair once a month, and used Borax or egg yolks for shampoo.
- Canada passed a law that prohibited poor people from entering into their country for any reason.
- The Five leading causes of death were:
- 1. Pneumonia and influenza
- 2. Tuberculosis
- 3. Diarrhea
- 4. Heart disease
- 5. Stroke
- The American flag had 45 stars...
- The population of Las Vegas , Nevada , was only 30!!!
- Crossword puzzles, canned beer, and iced tea hadn't been invented yet.
- There was neither a Mother's Day nor a Father's Day.
- Two out of every 10 adults couldn't read or write and only 6 percent of all Americans had graduated from high school.
- Marijuana, heroin, and morphine were all available over the counter at the local corner drugstores. Back then pharmacists said, "Heroin
- clears the complexion, gives buoyancy to the mind, regulates the stomach and bowels, and is, in fact, a perfect guardian of health!"
- ( Shocking? )
- Eighteen percent of households had at least one full-time servant or domestic help ...
- There were about 230 reported murders in the ENTIRE U.S.A. !
- I am now going to forward this to someone else without typing it myself.
- From there, it will be sent to others all over the WORLD - all in a matter of seconds!
- Try to imagine what it may be like in another 100 years.