Fire in the belly? Whatever....No way will she win the Presidency!
according to 2010 census data released on Thursday. The Hispanic population increased by more than 15.2m people, which is more than half of the total US population increase of 27.3m. In terms of total population, people that reported being of Hispanic origin was 50.5m people, or 16.3 per cent of the total population of 308m.
KCStar Kansas City Star Sen. Blunt says federal government should fully cover Joplin tornado http://bit.ly/lWPWdu
Rep. Michele Bachmann on Thursday night indicated she's likely to announce her candidacy for president next month in Waterloo, the Iowa city where she was born. The Minnesota Republican revealed her plans in a conference call with reporters.
Mitt Romney will formally announce his campaign for president next Thursday, June 2, in New Hampshire, a Romney spokesperson told POLITICO.
Missouri woman DIES when she finds out her dad died in the Joplin tornado. More from CBS...
London Mail brings photos and links to the winner...all pretty promotional for the 17 year old Scotty McCreery.
“ You ask these men and women who are putting their lives on the line every night, the border patrol agents, the ICE agents...All of those individuals know that this border not only is porous, but the people that are coming across this border we have no idea — well, unfortunately, we do know where some of them are from, and they are from countries that have very close ties to al-Qaida, whether it’s Yemen or Afghanistan, Pakistan, China. It is an absolute national disgrace,” Perry said.
Drudge_Report Drudge Report 29 dead, 700 flee as gang battles hit west Mexico... http://drudge.tw/kSrgH4
Laura Ingraham a "right-wing slut" during his program. Schultz says he is indefinitely suspended from his show for the time being.
"On my radio show yesterday, I used vile and inappropriate language when talking about talk show host Laura Ingraham. I am deeply sorry, and I apologize. It was wrong, uncalled for and I recognize the severity of what I said. I apologize to you, Laura and ask for your forgiveness. Ed's long apology from Real Clear
THE STAR's Yael lays it out in spades.
The Kansas City Royals announced Wednesday that Royals' Hall of Fame pitcher and broadcaster Paul Splittorff has died due to complications from melanoma.
"The all-time winningest pitcher in franchise history passed away Wednesday morning at the family home in Blue Springs," the team's news release said. Splittorff played with the Royals from 1970 to 1984.
A punderful message for teachers: Puns for Educated Minds
1. The fattest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.
2. I thought I saw an eye doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned out to be an optical Aleutian .
3. She was only a whiskey maker, but he loved her still.
4. A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class, because it was a weapon of math disruption.
5. No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.
6. A dog gave birth to puppies near the road and was cited for littering.
7. A grenade thrown into a kitchen in France would result in Linoleum Blownapart.
8. Two silk worms had a race. They ended up in a tie.
9. A hole has been found in the nudist camp wall. The police are looking into it.
10. Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
11. Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
12. Two hats were hanging on a hat rack in the hallway. One hat said to the other: 'You stay here; I'll go on a head.'
13. I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.
14. A sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said: 'Keep off the Grass.'
15. The midget fortune-teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large.
16. The soldier who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.
17. A backward poet writes inverse.
18. In a democracy it's your vote that counts. In feudalism it's your count that votes.
19. When cannibals ate a missionary, they got a taste of religion.
20. If you jumped off the bridge in Paris , you'd be in Seine .
21. A vulture boards an airplane, carrying two dead raccoons. The stewardess looks at him and says, 'I'm sorry, sir, only one carrion allowed per passenger.'
22. Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
23. Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire in the craft. Unsurprisingly it sank, proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it too.
24. Two hydrogen atoms meet. One says, 'I've lost my electron.' The other says 'Are you sure?' The first replies, 'Yes, I'm positive.'
25. Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocain during a root canal? His goal: transcend dental medication.
26. There was the person who sent ten puns to friends, with the hope that at least one of the puns would make them laugh. No pun in ten did.
Explosion at Chinese computer plant may delay delivery of a half million Apple Netbook 2's. The plant suffered an explosion on Friday that killed three workers and injured another 15. Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-20065522-64.html#ixzz1NJcxOmP9
The president and the orchestra at Buckingham Palace this evening were a bit out of synch as the state dinner started. When the president toasted the Queen the orchestra misunderstood a pause and what seemed to be a cue from the president for “God Save the Queen” to begin playing.
“Ladies and gentlemen please stand with me and raise your glasses as I propose a toast,” the president said, putting down his note cards and grabbing his glass. “To her majesty the Queen.”
The president paused, the guests stood, and the orchestra prepared to play. Video: But the president wasn’t done speaking.
“The vitality –“ the president said before the orchestra began. Then the familiar tune – you might know it better as “My Country ‘Tis of Thee” – started up.
|Queen Elizabeth welcoming President Obama|
The Queen looked ahead as the UK anthem played.
“To the Queen,” the president finally said.
Unless you're a protocol stickler, it actually sounded deliberate, starting the music under his toast. But the queen looked a bit uncomfortable because that's not how it's done, anymore than people should talk over the US Star Spangled Banner.
Most Tornado Prone States -- facts, figures, and fotos from The Daily Beast
The Department of Homeland Security seized at least eight website addresses over the weekend, bringing to 128 the number of domains confiscated as part of a government piracy crackdown. More from Wired.
Palenty announces which is no surprise so barely newsworthy. Other than Joplin, it's a slow news day.
Observing the SPORT OF CHOICE...
1. ...for the urban poor is BASKETBALL.
2. ...for maintenance level employees is BOWLING.
3. ...for front-line workers is FOOTBALL.
4. ...for supervisors is BASEBALL.
5. ...for middle management is TENNIS.
6. ...for corporate executives and officers is GOLF.
The higher you go in the corporate structure, the smaller your balls become.
|KSNF TV Towercam live shot of Joplin Tornado|
Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels told supporters Sunday that he won't run for President, which shows quality people don't want to go against Obama with a party of nutcase Republicans. In the end, he said, he couldn't convince his family to get on board. More than a few GOP broadcast talkers were hoping he'd say YES. Too bad for them!
Alternet reports while cutting social services, Kentucky gives $43 million tax break to Bible-themed amusement park. Naturally, this raises serious questions about the separation of church and state.
Fun Facts you won't find anywhere else:
- Lorne Greene had one of his nipples bitten off by an alligator while he was host of "Lorne Greene's Animal Kingdom".
- Life expectancy for Russian men has actually gone down over the past 40 years. A Russian male born today can expect to live an average 58 years.
- Seven percent of Americans claim they never bathe at all.
- In 2004, one in six girls in the United States enter puberty at age 8. A hundred years ago, only one in a hundred entered puberty that early.